Monday 25 January 2010

First skills audit for the G321 Foundation Production.

My role withtin the group was to operate the camera and then edit the film when it was done. I also contributed to the script, both spoken and technical, and found us an actor to play the 'mental patient'.

My first impressions of facing the coursework were good. I thought it sounded very fun and was excited to put the things we'd learnt into practice. I liked how we could be very creative with our ideas and that the specification/outline wasn't too closed so we could play around with our ideas.
I was a bit concerned about the timeframe, as within our group we had to work out when we would all be available to actually film the piece.

At the moment my skills are at a good level. I have researched dramas similar to our own piece by watching scenes and finding shots/camera angles that resemble what we will be using in our piece. On the practical side, I will be operating the camera and editing the final peice. We have risk assessed all of the rooms and the corridor and have actors/actresses to play our doctors and mental patient. I also got a straight jacket for the mental patient to wear.
To improve my skills i could have re-read all of my notes to confirm the shots and angles i'd be using.

1 comment:

  1. good start, needs to be developed a little more critically - evaluation is about looking for the value in what you've done at both the planning and production stages, and includes what went well and what didn't go so well.

    ReplyDelete